Special Characters — Alt Keyboard Sequences📅 — 👀 1061 — 👦
- To type a special character, using an Alt keyboard sequence:
There are some gaps in the numerical sequence of Alt character codes, because either those elements do not exist, or they are duplicates of elements listed elsewhere.†Some word processing programs will not recognize these Alt functions.‡Many fonts improperly display Alt 166 as ª rather than
- Ensure that the Num Lock key has been pressed, to activate the numeric key section of the keyboard.
- Press the Alt key, and hold it down.
- While the Alt key is pressed, type the sequence of numbers (on the numeric keypad) from the Alt code in the above table.
- Release the Alt key, and the character will appear.
, and Alt 167 as º rather than